2005-2008: M.Sc., Department of Evolutionary and Environmental Biology, Faculty of Natural Sciences, University of Haifa.
1999-2003: B.Sc., Medical Laboratory Sciences, Faculty of Biology, Technion – Israel Institute of Technology.
- 20-24 July 2015: ‘Train the Trainers’ course preparing teachers for Genetic Counseling, Plymouth University, UK.
- 17-21 May 2015: Medical Genetics postgraduate level course, European School of Genetic Medicine, Bertinoro di Romagna, Italy.
- March 2012: Genetic Counselor, certified by the Israel Ministry of Health, HaEmek Medical Center, Afula.
- May 2005: Academic Medical Laboratory Worker, Certified by the Israel Ministry of Health.
- October 2010: GCP Course.
- 2007: Intern Genetic Counselor, genetic institute, HaEmek Medical Center, Afula
- July 2009- March 2010 – Genetic Counselor, Genetic Institute, Bnai Zion Medical Center, Haifa
- 2004- 2009 – A cytogenetic laboratory, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa.
- 2003-2004 – A blood bank laboratory, HaEmek medical center, Afula.
Hereditary diseases and consanguinity in Arab villages in northern Israel.
Developing methods for enhancing the genetic counseling process.
2011- Teaching Genetic Counseling MSc students, Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion, Haifa.
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
The Israeli Society of Genetic Counselors
- Treatment-related acute myeloid leukemia characterized by t(11;20)(p15;q11) and del(9)(q22). Haimi M, Avivi I, Moustafa N, Aboleil O, Gershoni-Baruch R. Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 2006 Jun;167(2):186-8.
- Compliance for genetic screening in the Arab population in Israel. Sukenik-Halevy R, Leil-Zoabi UA, Peled-Perez L, Zlotogora J, Allon-Shalev S. Isr Med Assoc J. 2012 Sep;14(9):538-42
Participation in organizing committee of the semi-annual conference of the Israeli society of Genetic Counselors, HaEmek Medical Center, Afula, 17.3.2013
SIGNIFICANT PROFESSIONAL PROJECTS/ACTIVITIES
- Since 2009 – Development of the project of genetic counseling in the community in four Arab villages: Magar, Kfar Manda, Mashhad and Beit Zarzir.
- December 2014: Participation at the Meeting of the Israeli Society of Medical Geneticists, Kyriat Ono and lecture on the subject “Multi-cultural genetic counseling in Arab communities – differences, advantages and deficiencies”.
- 2013- Winning Outstanding Poster in the Research Meeting, HaEmek Medical Center: “Compliance for genetic screening in the Arab population in Israel”.
- May 2010: lecture on “Spastic Paresis – one disease with multiple genetic facets”, at the Health Meeting of the Health of the Arab Communities during Time, Nazareth.
PUBLIC PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Since May 2008 – lectures on the subject of consanguineous marriages and genetic diseases in the Arab communities, in high-schools in several Arab villages.
- April 2011 – Joint project with the Galil Non-profit Organization for Thalassemia and Sickle Cell and the Hematologic Clinic at the HaEmek Medical Center, within a week of lectures on Thalassemia to 11th grade students at the Naura High School.
- 2009 – Refresher Course for comprehensive teachers in Bu’eine Nujeidat, under the auspices of the Ministry of Health.