Photos from Doris & Aviv’s talks at the 11th Chais Conference for the Study of Innovation and Learning Technologies, at the Open University of Israel, February 16, 2016.
Ayelet has been appointed chair of the research committee of the “Second Authority for Television and Radio”, the public authority that supervises commercial broadcasting in Israel.
For more information, see the related story on Hebrew news website Walla!, where Ayelet was quoted as saying:
“I have special interest in supporting processes that will make the Israeli media a more reliable source of information about health and science, and I am sure that for that purpose, it would be helpful to know what’s being done in this area in other countries, and to gauge public opinion in Israel on this topic.”
Hani and Yohay, congratulations on the birth of your wonderful baby girl!
Wishing you the very best. May she bring you many years of joy and delight! ♥
— Ayelet, Aviv, Daniela, Doris, Noa, Sophie, Tzipora, Yael and Yaela
Check out the nrg coverage (in Hebrew) of Prof. Dominique Brossard’s talk at the Technion.
The title reads, “Scientists Must Explain They Aren’t Creating Monsters in Labs”.
Yaela and Shimshon, our best wishes and warmest congratulations on the birth of your beautiful baby girl!
We are so happy for you! ♥
— Ayelet, Aviv, Daniela, Doris, Hani, Noa, Sophie, Tzipora and Yael
Check out Hani & Ayelet’s new paper in IJELL:
Swirski, H., & Baram-Tsabari, A. (2015). “Will a black hole eventually swallow the earth?” Fifth graders’ interest in questions from a textbook, an open educational resource, and other students’ questions. Interdisciplinary Journal of e-Skills and Life Long Learning, 11, 313-327. Retrieved from http://www.ijello.org/Volume11/IJELLv11p313-327Swirski1971.pdf
You are invited to join us at two events organized by group members this Sunday:
- A professional development seminar for high school biology teachers, entitled “The Biology Talk”, organized by Aviv, on Sunday, December 13, 2015, at 9:30 am (Pre-University Education Building, Auditorium).
- A panel entitled “Air Quality in Haifa: Science in Service of the Community”, organized by Yaela, on Sunday, December 13, 2015, at 7 pm (Rabin Building, Auditorium 206).
You are welcome to join us in hearing Prof. Dominique Brossard’s upcoming talks:
- “Science, media and public policy” – Monday, December 21, 2015, at 2 pm at the University of Haifa (Rabin Building, Room 7052).
- “Understanding public attitudes towards emerging technologies” – Tuesday, December 22, 2015, at 2:30 pm at the Technion (Sherman Building, Room 107).
Ayelet will be talking about the shaping of publics’ attitudes to climate change in the upcoming “Communication and Environment” seminar tomorrow at the IDC Herzliya (Program in Hebrew).
In February, Aviv and Doris will be giving talks and Hani will be presenting a poster at the 11th Chais Conference for the Study of Innovation and Learning Technologies, at the Open University of Israel. See you in Ra’anana!
Ayelet is now a (tenured) associate professor!
We are so proud of you, you deserve it! ♥
– Aviv, Daniela, Doris, Hani, Noa, Sophie, Tzipora, Yael and Yaela